Code: VG 54
PR Internship in the heart of NYC!
Do you want to see what one of the greatest US cities has to offer you? Do you want a chance to explore new lands, experience new culture, and build your resume?
Company: Since 1960, we have worked with more than 400 cities, regions, states and countries helping them attract both investors and visitors. Based in New York City with 45 professionals nationwide, our firm creates award-winning economic development and tourism marketing campaigns.
Our internship program offers university students and young professionals from overseas the opportunity to gain real-world public relations and marketing experience in North America by working within a team to deliver on programs for travel destinations around the world.
Typical projects that interns work on include:
- Building media lists and networking with writers
- Researching and writing copy for pitches, press releases and webinars
- Distributing electronic communications and mailers
- Assisting with monthly client reports
- Tracking and monitoring press coverage for clients
- Coordinating logistics and providing support for media calls and press visits
- Tracking and evaluating editorial placements
Sample of current destination clients: Barbados, Belize, Florida, Thailand
- A degree in public relations, English, Economics, International/American Studies, marketing or journalism is strongly preferred
- A goal-oriented, “can do” attitude and creative problem-solving abilities
- A self-starter who is independently-motivated and has the discipline to meet deadlines
Location: New York, NY
Duration: 6-12 months
Start: Summer 2023