Travel Trade & Marketing internship in the heart of Manhattan
Company: Since 1960, we have worked with more than 400 cities, regions, states and countries helping them attract both investors and visitors. Based in New York City with 45 professionals nationwide, our firm creates award-winning economic development and tourism marketing campaigns.
Our internship program offers university students and young professionals from overseas the opportunity to gain real-world travel trade and MICE marketing experience in North America by working within a team to deliver on programs for travel destinations around the world.
Typical projects that trainees work on include:
- Managing travel advisor and meeting planner databases
- Creating e-newsletters, distributing content and monitoring effectiveness
- Planning and implementing sales missions, roadshows, FAM trips and events
- Researching and qualifying associations and third parties for business events opportunities
- If COVID-19 subsides, event attendance and travel to other cities is often included in the opportunity
Sample of current destination clients: Barcelona, Florida, Scotland, Thailand, Vienna.
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail
- Master of meeting deadlines
- Interest and basic understanding of the U.S./Canada travel trade and MICE landscapes
- Strong research and writing skills
- Executive presence beyond your years – public speaking on the phone and in-person is required
- Applicants must have all necessary approvals to live/work in the U.S.
- Firm understanding of written English and basic spoken English required.
Duration: 12 months
Start: Spring 2022